FREE Business Breakfast Seminar:
“7 Mistakes You Are Making In Your Business Which Leaves You Wide Open To Cyber Crime”
When: 24th March 2017
Session Time: 8:00 am – 10:30 am
Where: Hardy & Austen Suite, Hilton Hotel, Chilworth, Southampton SO16 3RB.
Refreshments: A breakfast of egg or bacon rolls with pastries, tea and coffee
Guest Speaker: Hampshire Constabulary, Head of Cyber Crime, DI
During This Seminar You’ll Discover:
- The scary risks to your business – and 11 critical policies, procedures and protections EVERY business must have in place NOW to protect themselves; overlook even one and you’re exposing yourself to security breaches, significant financial loss, losing valuable business data, and having confidential company information exposed to competitors, hackers and cyber criminals.
- Why organised crime has shifted its focus to small and medium enterprises, where the profits are greater and the risks of being caught are much lower.
- The #1 security threat to your business that anti-virus, firewalls and other security protocols are defenceless to prevent.
- Learn how to avoid joining the growing list of Hampshire businesses that have lost £10,000s to cyber fraud.
- How to help yourself and your clients save their business from being the "low hanging fruit" that criminals target.
Who Should Attend?
Business owners and managers who are concerned about: privacy of confidential information, having your systems held to ransom, being defrauded and losing valuable working time. This is of particular importance for those organizations that handle ANY sensitive data such as credit card and financial or information, medical records, or business that serve the defence or aerospace supply chain or who simply want to avoid having their bank account wiped out due to a cyber-attack.
As well as having a greater appreciation for the growing threat from cyber crime, every attendee will leave with:
- 11 specific tips you can take away and implement to protect your business
- A free subscription to our weekly “Cyber Security Tips Email”.
- And much more
The seminar is free, but you must register to attend. Seating is limited and on a first come first served basis so please register now using the form on the right. The content will be most valuable to organisations with between 10 and 100 employees.
Special Guest Speaker:
Hampshire Constabulary Head Of Cyber Security
I recently had the opportunity to attend Chris Ward’s presentation on cyber security in the workplace, Chris’ presentation style is inviting, entertaining and engaging throughout. This enthusiastic topic kept me on the edge of my seat due to it being current and potentially very serious for businesses. I found the seminar extremely valuable and relevant to my company’s needs in this current environment. Chris demonstrated a high degree of expertise and awareness, when I have any cyber security questions Chris Ward at Vermont would be my first point of contact.
Training and Production Manager,
I was very impressed with the Cyber Crime event last week. In fact it scared me rigid at the thought of how far it has gone and how bad it has got. We have always taken this issue seriously, but I now realise I really need to ensure this experience is shared with staff and they are fully aware of the exposures.
Thank you for a very informative and useful couple of hours at your recent Cyber Crime Seminar. I was surprised at the level of risk of cyber-attack to SMEs; the simple suggestions from Vermont have made us feel far more confident and helped us secure Syndico’s systems.
Syndico Distribution Ltd
Attending Vermont’s cyber crime seminar was hugely worthwhile and alerted me to how vulnerable we all are, both as businesses and individuals. The seminar style was highly engaging and full of good humour as we surveyed the wild frontiers of cybercrime. Some excellent advice and next steps were provided on how to minimise our exposure to such hazards.
Specialist Sports Shoes Ltd
Spaces are limited so book now
By registering, you will also receive our free executive report on protecting your business from cyber crime.
Meet Your Host:
Chris Ward is the Technical Director at Vermont Systems responsible for the delivery of our services to our clients. When he got his first computer in 1982 (A ZX Spectrum if you are interested) cyber crime wasn’t a thing. Gaining a first class degree in Computer Science from Manchester University opened the door at IBM, and many years working with banks. Now his focus in on helping local businesses and charities to get the most out of technology.
Over recent years this has led him to become a cyber security expert, featuring recently as a guest on BBC Solent to discuss the subject. With cyber-crime so high up the agenda, much of his time is now spent advising clients on how to protect their business, training their staff to be vigilant and working in the community to raise awareness.
His presentation will be certainly informative and educational, if not a little bit scary!
Feedback received from delegates at the previous seminar on the 30th September included:
- "I found the seminar really interesting and the best bit was how thought provoking it was"
- "I think it was really well put together and presented, very informative and engaging"
- "The information was communicated well and clearly so it was easy to understand, practical advice that we can put together quickly"
- "Just shows how bad we are and that we need an urgent plan"
- "No areas to improve - it was a great use of my time, it got to the point quickly with good examples and statistics, the checklist of potential problems is clear and helpful, quick and informative"