FREE Breakfast & Learn Seminar
Implementing GDPR In Your Business: A How-To Guide For Business Leaders
A Practical, Step By Step Action Plan To Keep The ICO Happy, Your Data Safe And Your Reputation Intact!
When: Wednesday 7th February 2018
Session Time: 9:15 am – 11:45 am
Where: Chilworth Manor Hotel, Chilworth, Southampton SO16 7PT
Refreshments: A breakfast of bacon rolls with tea and coffee
Expert Speaker: Jim Sneddon - Leading GDPR Consultant
Why Should I Come?
The EASY bit with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is understanding what it is (and that was bad enough!) This event will assume you have some basic knowledge on what it is and why you need to take action.
The HARD bit is implementing it in your business without you shutting down operations and going under! This is especially true for us small businesses. We don't have compliance teams and big budgets we can throw at the problem.
So, what do you do?
Jim Sneddon is THE expert in helping SMEs to cut through the confusion and quickly understand what the priority tasks are then point you in the right direction. This then allows you to get compliant without breaking the business.
Jim will cover:
- How you can use ICO's 12 Step Implementation Plan" in a realistic and successful way.
- How to avoid the traps and pitfalls that are just waiting like a Venus Flytrap for you to go buzzing into them.
- Bust the myths, muddles and misconceptions you might have picked up from all the hype that is flying around.
Plus: Get Your Questions Answered
If you have started implementing GDPR (or at least thinking about it!) you will have got stuck on specific points and can't find a sensible answer. At the end of the session, Jim will do a 30 minute Q&A. To make sure your question get's answered, please submit them in the box on the booking form.
Who Should Attend?
Business leaders and managers who:
- Have have a grasp of the basics of GDRP, but are struggling to gain traction in implementing
- Keep getting stuck down rabbit holes rather than feeling like you are making progress
- Are daunted by the workload involved
- Worry that GDPR will hurt their business by stopping them from being fast and competitive
As well as having a greater understanding of how the changes in legislation will effect your business, every attendee will leave with:
- A simple and clear understanding of what how you can go about this complex task
- Your implementation roadblocks cleared out of the way
- Renewed belief that you can keep the ICO happy, keep your data safe and your hard won reputation intact!
- And much more...
The seminar is free, but you must register to attend. Seating is limited and on a first come first served basis so please register now using the form on the right. The content will be most valuable to organisations with between 30 and 100 computer users.
It was great to get some clear and concise advice on GDPR. To the point and very relevant. A good investment."
Global Head of Cyber Intelligence & Incident Response
British American Tobacco
Knowledgeable trainer and good pacing throughout the day kept us all engaged on what could be a laborious subject. I now feel GDPR'ed up"
Global IT Manager
Pleased I came on the course as I now feel I can better help my company achieve GDPR compliance. I now know where to start and how to approach this requirement"
Information Security Manager
Assuredata were very knowledgeable, informative, and able to provide us with a clear and concise approach."
eg solutions plc
Register Here Spaces are limited so book now
By registering, you will also receive our free executive report on protecting your business from cyber crime.
Leading GDPR Specialist
Meet Your Host:
Technical Director, Vermont Systems
The event will be hosted by Chris Ward, Managing Director of Vermont Systems. Chris is a small business owner and leader just like you...more"
CISSP, ITIL, GDPR Practitioner
Jim Sneddon is a Certified EU GDPR Practitioner and security industry veteran of 17 years with a wealth of technical experience ...more"